How the audience views slides:
- If the choice is between watching you or reading your PowerPoint, the audience will choose to read.
- Don’t distract your audience with too much going on.
- If you add to PowerPoint with your own words your intelligence goes up, if you read your PowerPoint, your intelligence goes down in the eyes of your audience.
- If a slide is there for you-throw it out. If it’s there for your audience, keep it.
- Each of your slides should have no more than 3 to 5 points. Your goal is to have your key points easy to recall. Recall equals action.
- Set the resolution while in the “Slide Sorter” to “View to 65%.” Why Does It Matter? If you cannot read the slide without a magnifying glass, neither can your audience.
Action Step: Consider using a larger font, fewer words, and/or higher contrast. Ask yourself, does this slide need to be in my presentation?