It may seem easy to know the difference, however, usually the difference between these two is at an unconscious brain level.
Here’s how you know if you are showing up:
- You are dedicated to the outcome but flexible with the process
- You question both sides of the equation
- You challenge from an outcome level not a personal level
Here’s how to know if you are “showing off”:
- You are invested in being right
- You worry what others will think
- You cover failures up
- You always lead with the good, not the important, when speaking to senior management
As a leader, always show up and let go of showing off.
If you want help unpacking your limiting beliefs, use this link to set up a free exploratory call.