Examples of nervous habits seen when interviewing include:
- “Deer in the headlights” look when a question catches you by surprise
- Widening of eyes when trying to put emphasis on things being said
- Thumping of foot or knee
- Fidgeting with a pen, your fingers, hair, mustache or beard
- Fidgeting with clothing, watch or rings
- Excessive swallowing
- Licking corner of mouth
- Rolling of eyes
- Breaking of eye contact with difficult questions
- Nervously tugging at any pieces of clothing
- Trying to appear too relaxed and lounging when sitting
- Stuttering or repeating what you said
- Speaking in circles without a clear beginning or end
And these are just a few of the examples!
Record a practice session. By recording, you will be able to truly see how you respond during an interview with your entire body. Remember that approximately 60%- 90% of everything you say is interpreted through body language, so it is crucial to be aware of your body language when interviewing.
The Outcome Focus™ Interviewing System is designed to teach you what interviewers look for, how to communicate your value, how to help them INTERPRET your value, how to build stories that continually point out how you are the right candidate for the position and how to make sure your body language aligns for you. Order Your Interviewing System Today!